Centipede Resto Journal.
Well here we have our subject: One converted Centipede.
Big Event Golf? Ugh! Poor converted Atari classic - I will rescue you and put things right!
First things first. I took note of what I have to work with and what I will need to complete this project.
First I will list what I have:
Now here's what it was missing:
- Cabinet - Cab is in good shape with no H2O damage
- Coin Door - Coin door is in decent shape, works
- Control Panel - CP is unhacked
- Controls - Original trackball and lit buttons are still there.
- Back Door + Instruction sheet - nice
- Transformer Block - in ??? condition
- ARII board - also in ??? condition
Well, looks like we have the same number of items as we are missing.
I say a tie goes toward in favor of doing it, so the project is a go!
- PCB - a strange golf JAMMA creature occupies its spot...
- CPO - more golf themed weirdness
- Side Art - Yep! They sanded it off before painting the sides a lovely shade of yellow. Sad.
- Marquee - still more golf...
- Wiring Harness - hacked
- Bezel - missing altogether
- Cardboard monitor surround - missing as well
First I found a PCB. No sweat. I posted a "WTB" on rgvac and Michael B. Came through! $80 for a "tested working" board, which just about the going rate for these.
Next I went looking for a marquee.
eBay had one that looked decent, so I sniped it!
I have repro side art, wiring harness, also
WYGIWISYG (wigeewizig): "What You Get Is What I SAY You Get!"-- mongoose
This site authored with plain old vi